Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy


Now that the weather is finally starting to head toward spring, I have been a little busier outside. Yeah! Even though I haven't posted for a while, I have been busy with the crafting. I found a "new" fabric store. Quilter's Exchange is a recycled fabric store where you can bring in fabric you no longer want and she will pay you by the pound and then she resells it to others. I bought 2 lovely fabrics and the first one I turned into a variation the JJ Blouse from Burdastyle.


I left off the ruffles on this one as well as the sleeve bands and lengthened them just slightly. I used pearl snaps instead of buttons. One of my least favorite things to do is make buttonholes. I'm not sure why because I don't really have trouble doing them, but I like snaps so much better.

Here is a close up of this fabric that I find slightly retro and a little bit Japanese. This is one of my favorite tops right now. I recently purchased a black cardigan on clearance and they go together nicely.



I also tried my hand at dyeing just before St. Patricks Day. I found a silk/cotton blend cardigan in my wardrobe that I have only worn a couple of times because it was a very boring tan color and just wasn't a very flattering color for me. It is now a fabulous green that was perfect to wear to work for St. Patty's. I have already worn it twice and been complemented on it both times. More of this is in my future for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment