Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Store

I had some time to kill before I had to be at work the other day so I stopped at a new store I noticed recently. The sign said Quilters Exchange. Inside I found the most pleasant lady and lots of beautiful fabric. It was all folded into coordinating piles on shelves. Some were already measured into fat quarters and some you could buy by the pound. All of it was recycled from someone else's stash. I love the concept. You can take in the fabric you don't want anymore and she will weigh it and pay you for it. It is a little more costly than your big name branch store, but I would rather support the little guy and buy recycled. Of course I had to buy some fabric and I already have a blouse cut out of the one. I hope to get it sewed up today and then I will post a pic. The best thing is she will cut you whatever you want from a couple inches to yards if it is available. What a find.

No comments:

Post a Comment