Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Am I ready?







The same day our Cinder was injured, Enza was surrendered to the animal shelter. Is it fate?


The boys think she's a keeper, hubby is still grieving, and I am not so sure i am up to dealing with a puppy. She is only 4 months old and look how big she is. She is awfully good for a puppy. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

On to refashioning. I have been rummaging through my refashion pile after getting some ideas. Still wishing I had a dressmakers dummy to help out with proper proportions, but I'm making do with what I have. This one is 2 t-shirts that I hadn't worn in quite a while. The pink one I was just tired of and the grey one was too short in the arms and the torso. I just added long sleeves and added a band to the bottom and then tried my hand at reverse applique. I've aready worn it to work once and I like it alright. I'm a little thicker around the belly and hips than I want to be and I have to pay attention when adding to the bottom of shirts so it isn't too tight at the bottom. It will receive a few wears I'm sure. Not in love with it but that's o.k. I was just in the mood for something "new". The cold winter is dragging me down so "new" clothing options are wanted to help perk me up.

This one was a short sleeved mock turtleneck shirt my mom gave me. It was pretty shapeless, so I used another shirt that I like the shape of and took it in on the sides and cut off the mock neck and turned the raw edge under. I took a button down shirt I had made a few years ago, that was just a hair on the tight side, took the collar section off and added to the top. I then added the sleeves and the shirt tail to the t-shirt and there you have it. I also wore this to work yesterday. It will also receive a few wears. I have a few more in the stash that will receive some type of treatments. Not sure what yet.

Trying to play fetch with the puppy at the same time as typing isn't easy. She can't decide between the squeaky toy and the tennis ball. She keeps trying to figure out how to carry both at the same time. Hilarious. I think today maybe I will try to finish knitting a pair of socks. I am in the mood to snuggle under the blankets so that is what I will do. Maybe tomorrow I will get to the sewing room. I really need to get the mojo to make some new pants. Stay warm and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment