Monday, December 15, 2008

BRRRRR!

That says it all. I don't think the temperature reached zero today. My car doesn't like this cold weather and I felt like a popscicle by the time I got to work. My car just can't seem to warm it up much when it is that cold. It doesn't sound like it is going to be much better the rest of the week and they are talking snow tomorrow. Yesterday we just cuddled up in the family room and lit the fireplace. I love sitting in front of a blazing fire when the wind is howling outside. I felt sorry for my hubby (let's call him Mr. T) who had to go out and take care of the horses and chickens. We didn't even let the horses out of the barn this morning because they really don't have any shelter where we keep them in winter. So they got to spend the day in the cozy barn until the boys got home from school and then they let them out for a couple hours, until Mr. T got home from work. I have to work a long day today (8:30 a.m.-9p.m.) so I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers that the beast starts when it is time to go home tonight. It is not happy to sit outside all day in this frigid climate. I was going to try and figure out how to download pictures from the camera so I could add some to my post, but the computer seemed to be running extremely slow and with the boys home, I am lucky to get 5 min. on the thing. It is easier to just wait until the rest of the family is gone. That will be tomorrow. I have only the next 2 days to get the house clean, presents wrapped -after they are finished-and maybe some cookies backed before the kids and I head to my sisters for Christmas. Mr. T has to work so we will celebrate with him and his mother the weekend after Christmas. I don't know if the house will stay clean that long. Hubby said he would help and he does have that friday to tidy things up while we're driving home and before his mom comes on Sat.

I did get the scarf knitted for a friend that Mr. T works with. I forgot to see if he remembered to take it with him this morning. I did get a picture of it along with the Thorpe hats for my nephews. Pictures to come I promise. My mom so graciously loned me one of her digital cameras to use through the holidays. I'm still trying to figure everything out on it, but things are going well. Hopefully I will be able to get the computer to communicate with it and not have to ask one of the boys to help me. We'll see. Check tomorrow's post to see how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment