Monday, December 29, 2008

Survival



I feel like I could use a few days to recover from the holiday. There just seems to be so much to do when we get together with my family and the time is so short. We like to play games, video and card as well as other games. It can get pretty loud and crazy at times depending on which game is on the table. Always lots of fun and an abundance of food. My SIL likes to bake so there was a wide variety of goodies including fudge, pie and a variety of cookies. I think I will wait to step on the scale for a week or so. The handmade gifts were well received. I was a little worried. My MIL liked her shawl made out of Malabrigo. This was the first time I used this yarn and now I know of which the resst of you speak. I hope I can afford to make a sweater out of it sometime in the near future. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of it. I did get a picture of the hats I made for my nephews and brother.


I have one more to make and that is the 2 colorwork pattern which is a first for me. It is coming along quite well. I am a little proud of myself. Next up, I will try to tackle cables. I made the mistake of letting Bud's girlfriend go through my patterns and pick out a sweater she would like. She picked a zip-front cardigan with cables. It is probably the most difficult pattern I own. It is very cute, but I hope I can accomplish it. Of course, she also picked to have me do it in black. UHGGGG! Nothing like a challenge right?! I guess I won't be done with Christmas presents for a while yet. Well, I better get back to knitting. I'll post more Christmas pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment