Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Blizzard???!!!



I don't know how much more winter I can take. I'm getting worried about calling in to work again to say I can't get there. Hubby tried to go to work early this a.m. and ran into a road blocked with a(big) snow drift. A few hours later I drove to the end of the lane, intending to go to work, and could hardly make out the mailbox a few feet away. It was scary enough trying to turn around and drive back down the lane. It's the worst we've had since we moved out here 9 yrs ago. Already called the boss and told her I didn't know when I'd be able to get there. Hope I don't get fired. Aside from being stressed, I almost completed one sock. I searched Ravelry for a crochet pattern and have adjusted numbers as I go along. For some reason crochet is faster than knitting for me and I have been into that lately. I am also in the process of knitting a basic cardigan I found online. I completed the back in just under a week and that is all the farther I have gotten. I used a wool blend that I purchased at Hobbylobby and it washes up nice and soft. It is a soft celery green with small flecks of color. I really like how fast and nice it is knitting up. I believe it is Snowflake, but I am too lazy to get up right now to go get the ball band. I really need to get back at it as it sounds like the temps are back into the teens this next week. Hopefully I will have more progress to show next post. I will send you off with another winter photo. Stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment