Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold start to a New Year


More snow and bitter cold temperatures, thanks to a north wind blowing down on us today. The snow is one thing, but the cold is just brutal. It does make for nice fiber time. Right now I am in a crocheting mode. I have been feverishly working on this sweater using some recycled cotton yarn from an x-large mens sweater I got at a thrift store. It has 4 or 5 strands twisted together that are in various shades of grey. It took a little time to dismantle the sweater, but I think it will be worth it when the sweater is done. I am probably going to add some length to the body and do the sleeves in HDC with only a few rows of the shell stitch on the end of a 3/4 length sleeve. I would really like to have it done to wear this weekend. We shall see if I can accomplish that. I hope to make it to work tomorrow and with the lovely weather we're having I think it will be a long 12 hours so maybe I can get it completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment