Friday, January 15, 2010

Jack Frost

I really hate driving in the fog, but it also produces beautiful frost clinging to everything. That includes the long winter hair on the horses.




This pictures doesn't look as cool as it really looked. The tail was the best part, but I couldn't get a good picture of it. They all kept thinking I had a treat for them so they just followed me around. You'll just have to take my word for it.


Now on to yarn news. I made to hats when we went through our deep freeze weather. One was knit and one was crocheted. I am enjoying crocheting again. I think it is faster.

Knit
Crochet





















I am pretty sure these are both on ravelry. They were both quick projects. The knit cap was to be a gift to someone, but it came out too big. She has a child size head I think so I have to make her another one. I will keep it to gift to someone else in the future. The cloche is for me and I love it. It is also slightly large for me, but I still wear it. The boys laugh at me and tell me I look like an old lady, but as you can see I was able to get them to model the hats for me (after a lot of pleading). These were both made from some inexpensive acrylic yarn, but the cloche is made using I Love This Yarn and it is quite soft and works well. Next post I will show you a sweater I crocheted and completed in a weeks time. I hope to wear it soon and then I will get a picture. I have a dress that I shortened today that I think will look just right with it. I'm trying to decide if I can get away with wearing it to work tomorrow. I work in the medical field and it isn't typical for people in my line of work to wear anything other than scrubs. When I do, they think I am one of the providers (that's what we call the doctors). I wish I made that much money, but I really wouldn't like all that responsibility. I'll stick with being ancillary help. We'll see if I am brave enough because I like to wear dresses. With the much hated weight that I've gained, they are just more comfortable. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment