Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year!

I can't wait until this weekend. I need a nap and it is only 10a.m. I ended up working on New Years Eve even though it would have just been hubby and me at home for a nice quiet evening, but the boss lady needed help and made an offer I couldn't refuse. Not to mention, I felt I owed her since she ended working for me when I was sick awhile back and then had to get coverage for me during a snowy day on a weekend to boot. Soooo, I worked and was home in bed by 11p.m. Exciting I know but I had to work New Years Day as well. That is one of the holidays I chose to work this year. Now if I can just get through today I plan on sleeping in tomorrow. Work was very slow yesterday, so I caught up on a little blog reading and restarted Bud's GF's hat for the third time. It was coming out too big (no I didn't swatch) and just wasn't looking right. It was a free pattern from Lion Brand so I signed on and only then did I realize that the pattern stated that the picture was shown from the crochet pattern. No wonder it wasn't looking the same. Well, since I didn't have my crochet needles with me I had to call it quits. I watched a movie on Hulu and watched the clock until I could go home. It wasn't until I was laying in bed that I remembered that I had a sock in progress in my bag that I could have been working on. Bummer! I have been wishing they were done so I could keep my feet toasty warm and then I forgot all about them being in my bag. I swear my brain is losing cells by the second these days. Completely fried! I also plan on starting back up with the exercising tomorrow. The elliptical is being moved back up from the basement and put where the Christmas tree was (yes we took it sown already due to the cats insisting on playing ring-around-the-rosy under it) so it is staring me in the face. I think I will start with my mini-trampoline first and work myself up to the elliptical. I feel very fat and out of shape and think I need to start small. Of course I need to quit eating all the Christmas goodies that are left. One step at a time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment