Thursday, January 29, 2009



I know it's been a while again, but like I said, I need my own computer. It's awful trying to share with 3 other people. Hubby has a control issue especially when it comes to the laptop. So, I will finally show you the last 2 hats I made for Christmas presents. The first is a stranded colorwork (my first) Thorpe hat.
The second is the one for Bud's girlfriend. As I posted before there were numerous false starts before the final product. It looks huge, but I tried it on as I went. I'm not sure if she likes it or not but she picked out the pattern.
I think it's pretty cute. She has quite a few hats so I hope it goes into her rotation. I have been working on her sweater but the last couple of nights have been unproductive. I seem to be in a little bit of a slump. I think it is my winter depression. I need some sun and outside time. It happens every year about this time and I feel like winter started early and it is lasting forever. I shouldn't live in the midwest, but here is home. I'll make it. I always do. I did do some sewing the last 2 days. I made Hathead's pajama pants and have Technoboy's second pair cut out and ready to sew. I also purchased some linen type fabric with a larger floral pattern on it for $1.29 a yard. I spent time the other night going through my patterns and chose a nice 3/4 sleeve jacket to make from it. I hope to have that done before a surprise birthday party for a good friend in a week. It will have to wait until after the weekend because I have to work again. Speaking of, it is time to leave . Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment