Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Still Here



It's amazing how fast the days fly by. I can't believe it is past the middle of January already. We have had a lot of snow and freezing temperatures. I think we had quite a few days of below zero temps. 20F feels warm after that.
I went to our local Savers thrift store before Christmas and picked up to of these packages that included 2 different knits along with matching ribbing. I think there is enough for a nice top in each of these. they were only $2.50 each. Solid knit is what I think would be considered a double knit. It is nice and heavy. There is a little more yardage of the stripes which is a thinner knit. I need to just find the right pattern for these now. I have a few patterns I also picked up that day for 75cents each. Then a gal I work with brought me several of her mother's after they cleaned some things out. Most of them are from the 70's and a few from the 80's. I was really excited about them. Now if there was just more time in the day to work on my project list. I will show you a picture of my sewing desk later. I have been doing a little shopping on ebay and purchased 4 nice sweaters a week ago for less than $20 including shipping. I have to stop looking as I just won a lot of 11 tops for $15. I need to list some items that I took pictures of last night to support my habit. There is only one probem, I don't have a scale to weigh the packages so I can say how much shipping will be. I need to invest in one. I usually just weigh myself at work and haven't needed one at home. I hope to get these things listed by this weekendso I can have a little cash. I will leave you with a parting shot of a some of our pets. Here are Daisy, Reba and Cosmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment